A little late-Friday link love and interesting blog posts, videos, etc. Enjoy:
- Life Lessons from an Ad Man – If you’re involved in Marketing and Advertising in any way, I recommend this TED talk. Hat tip to John Morrow on tweeting this one.
- Google’s Time on Page is Wrong – This one is an eye opener and well worth the quick and well-illustrated read. Also, Click Tale has a free version of its software/service – get videos of visitor activity for free!
- Update – Here’s a Rebuttal to Click Tale’s claims by Brian Clifton, former head of Google Analytics, EMEA
- Eye Movement Analysis of Text-Based Web Page Layouts – Strictly for the hard-core web and user-testing geek.
- Call to Action Buttons: Examples and Best Practices – Smashing Magazine does a (characteristically) nice job of this one.
- The Sideways L: How to Use Misdirection to Make Your Readers Laugh – Copyblogger continues its long tradition of must-read content.
- Direct Mail: What REALLY Goes Through the Female Customer’s Mind – Michele Miller takes you through some women’s reactions to a Direct Mail piece making the rounds in Scottsdale, AZ. Get the brutal truth.
- Estee Lauder Creates a Powerful Social Media Campaign – My friend and former colleague, Holly Buchanan, discusses a Social Media Campaign worth watching and learning from. Feel free to add your own, must-read/view content in the comments.