So sometime after New Year’s I decided to “Turn Pro” with this blog. You’ve probably noticed this mostly in terms of:
- Increased blogging frequency — from posting fortnightly (if I felt like it) to posting 2 and now 3 times a week.
- Consistent post days — from posting any day that suited me (meaning putting it off was no big deal) to posting every Tuesday & Thursday, and now Friday’s too.
- Greater Focus on Practical & Concrete topics and techniques – hence the Practical Tactical Tuesdays column
What you probably haven’t noticed is the creation of a new Newsletter subscription form.
I’m ditching the old Feedburner subscription plug-in in favor of MailChimp. The Feedburner account still works, so you’ll still receive those unless you unsubscribe, but if you want the latest and greatest newsletter/new post announcements in all their html glory, I’d recommend re-signing up in MailChimp.
You can sign up using the form on the side bar to the left, but if it’s not showing up for you, use this link.
I’m will also start sending out “subscriber only” content via or accessible by newsletter only. My thought is: if you’re a subscriber, you like my stuff more than the casual visitor, and so you should — and WILL! — get some extra content and goodies. I’m not charging for it, but I am reserving it for people actively following my blog.
Other changes you will see in the coming months include:
- A near-term switch to a StudioPress WordPress theme. I love my tweaked version of the Gods & Monsters theme, but I am coming out with some products soon and, well, just feel the need to update. As much as possible, I will try to carry over the look and feel of the current theme, but some changes are a’ coming.
- The creation of some honest-to-God paper books, e-books, and courses. No, I’m not looking to become another info-preneur or to make it rich selling info products. I’m still a working copywriter and ad consultant who makes his living creating copy that sells other business owners’ products and services. I still have a pretty strong aversion to the whole “get rich by telling other people how to get rich” crowd. But there are some persuasion topics that really haven’t been covered the way I’d like to see them covered, and I have some insights into those topics that I haven’t heard from any other source, and I’d like to share them in a non-blog post format.
- An honest stab at multi-media content creation. It’s 2012 and web-based audio and video are not only good things, but significantly easier things than they’ve ever been. So I’m going to get off of my lazy, Resistance-laden butt and give ’em a shot.
- Increased Guest Posting (w/ announcements here). I’ve been honored to guest post at Copyblogger a few times before, and I’m aiming to do that a lot more moving forward. You can also find me at BoostCTR’s blog, PPC Hero, and Web Marketing Today, and those guest posts will continue at the same pace.
So why am I telling you all this?
First to encourage everyone to port their subscriptions over to MailChimp, or to simply subscribe if you haven’t yet.
And second to “call my shots” and give myself a bit more pressure to get these things done
I hope you like and enjoy all the changes, but if not, feel free to let me know, either by comments or e-mail. If it’s a complaint, I’d probably prefer e-mail 😉
But so long as it’s civil in tone, I’d be happy to get feedback (even negative feedback) in the comments as well.